September 20, 2010

Saturday Arvo Banana Bread

I love Bananas but i don't really care for them any other way besides their natural "in the skin" form or on toast, therefore i don't really care for Banana Bread.

But I had 2 waaaaaaaay over ripe Bananas and i knew Marc likes (or LOVES) Banana Bread, so with lack of a better option, BANANA BREAD IT WAS!

Note - I like to make cakes and things that i actually don't really like eating, such as this Banana Bread. It basically stops me from eating all the badness. I make too many baked sweet goods to be able to eat them all, if i did i would be eating them on the treadmill to equal out the fat gain/fat loss ratio.

I can just picture myself now......pie with ice cream and whipped cream......a fork.........jogging.......actually............that sounds almost do-able! I'm pretty sure i would stack it at some point though and jab my face with the fork and possibly slip on some fallen ice-cream. Then all the beef-cakes at Queanbeyan Gym would look at me and i would look at them and then they would think to themselves "I'm so hot, even that retarded chick with a fork up her nose is staring at my amazing Guns".

And that is why folks, i don't eat all my baking.....on a treadmill, at the gym.

Banana Bread - right, back to it.

Here is the recipe i used from Taste.com.au - thank you once again for a fabulous recipe.


Banana Bread
Ingredients (serves 10)
  • Melted low-fat dairy spread, to grease
  • 265g (1 3/4 cups) self-raising flour
  • 40g (1/4 cup) plain flour
  • 1 tsp ground cinnamon
  • 140g (2/3 cup, firmly packed) brown sugar
  • 125ml (1/2 cup) skim milk
  • 2 eggs, lightly whisked
  • 50g butter, melted, cooled
  • 2 overripe medium bananas, mashed

Method

  1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Brush an 11 x 21cm (base measurement) loaf pan with melted dairy spread to lightly grease. Line the base and 2 opposite sides with non-stick baking paper, allowing it to overhang.
  2. Sift the combined flours and cinnamon into a large bowl. Stir in the sugar and make a well in the centre. Place the milk, eggs, melted butter and banana in a medium bowl, and stir until well combined. Add the banana mixture to the flour mixture and stir until just combined. Spoon the mixture into the prepared pan and smooth the surface.
  3. Bake in preheated oven for 45-50 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Remove from oven and set aside in the pan for 5 minutes. Turn onto a wire rack to cool completely. Cut into slices to serve.

Notes

  • This banana bread will keep in an airtight container out of direct sunlight for up to 3 days. Alternatively, place in an airtight container, then label, date and freeze for up to 1 month. Place in the fridge overnight to thaw.

My non-arse tasting Banana Bread

I chose this recipe out of MILLIONS of Banana Bread recipe's because of this comment -
jazzcinta8 added this comment at 10:03pm Mon 6th September, 2010
5 out of 5
Simply BEAUTIFUL! I tried this for the first time earlier this year and my hubby can't seem to get enough! Very easy to make and just tastes divine. :)

Thank you "jazzcinta8" - you are right, it does taste good (even though i don't like Banana Bread - as we have already established, i usually think it tastes like arse), and my Man Friend (Marc - obviously my partner but i like to say Man Friend in a deep voice) really likes it too. I'll tell ya girl, if that bread turned out like crap, it was gonna be on your head after a comment like that. But luckily, no arse whopping for you today.

No comments:

Post a Comment