June 2, 2012

Rustic Bread

Hi all!

Tonight my sister-in-law and brother-in-law came over for dinner with my fabulous niece Miss Leah. Being childless myself, being around kids can be quite a challenge for me. I do however, LOVE Miss Leah. Her horse impressions tonight were fabulous and highly entertaining. Being an almost 2 year old seems like a lot of fun, I wish people would clap for me when I make animal noises.

It was a miserable day in Canberra, a perfect day to make soup and bread. Mmm.

Marc had the pumpkin soup under control so I had my first crack at making bread.

I've been quite afraid of bread making but in reality it's not that hard at all. You just need a great recipe. Lucky for you, and me, I was able to find an idiot proof recipe.

I'm not even going to bother to type it out, I'm simply going to guide you to a wonderful blog/website with amazing recipes. Www.thestonesoup.com

I made the adapted sourdough bread because I hadn't made the sourdough starter, a fairly gross alive weird culture that's added to bread. I have however, begun my starter this arvo, I'll keep you posted.

Anyway, this bread was very simple to make and the recipe was extremely easy to follow.

When dinner time came, the soup and bread disappeared, which means it mustn't have sucked :)

Just make the damn bread, don't be scared.

http://thestonesoup.com/blog/2010/10/rustic-sourdough-the-secret-to-making-amazing-bread-at-home-5-ingredients-simple-baking/

1 comment:

  1. That looks really good. I wanna be friends with it.

    ReplyDelete